The first step

/ Wednesday, January 25, 2012 /
I think one of my greatest weaknesses is that I can never get organized.  Every time I try, it barely lasts throughout the day and I'm back to my regular self on the next day.  If you look at my desk and compare it to my boyfriend's, which is right next to it, you can see a stark difference in our organizational capabilities.  He's WAY neater.
Right now, there are candles, hot sauce bottles, scraps of fabric, unfinished sewing projects, and misc items scattered throughout my desk and it really discourages me from sitting down and working on projects.
I've heard that, to form a habit, you need to consistently work on something for at least two weeks before it can stick.  I'm about to put a banner above my desk that reads, "CLEAN UP, YOU ASS," and remind myself every day to clear things off so I have a place to work.  I think it's imperative that I work on this before I can start taking myself seriously. I've got some demanding classes this quarter and I'm fully intend to complete way more sewing projects than I have before, so I NEED this.  I'm really, really bad at this, so wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

About

I'm a noob at sewing. Please feel free to give me any words of advice for an amateur sewer!
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch-fit, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger